Neighbor Island Touring Shows
TOURING TO NEIGHBOR ISLANDS
by Reiko Ho and the HTY Ensemble
These re-tellings of traditional fables from Japan and Okinawa teach important lessons of persistence, respect, and kindness. Japanese and Okinawan music, language, and culture are the heart of this performance featuring clever animals and a whole lot of fun for our youngest audience members and their families.
Features: traditional folktales, live music, songs and dance, audience participation
Grades K-3 — running time: approximately 50 minutes
ʻĪao Theater (Wailuku): Sept. 5-6 at 9:00 and 10:30
Aloha Theatre (Kealakekua): Sept. 11-15 at 9:00 and 10:30
Kahilu Theatre (Waimea): Sept. 18-19 at 9:00 and 10:30
UH Hilo Performing Arts Center (Hilo): Sept. 20-22 at 9:00 and 10:30
Kaua‘i War Memorial Convention Hall (Līhu‘e): Sept. 26 – 27 at 9:00 and 10:30
- Fill out a registration form online, click the button below.
- Your school will receive a reservation acknowledgement and your scheduled performance date.
- HDOE Standards and Teacher Study Guides will be available online at htyweb.org.
- Admission price: $6.00 for students and chaperones; teachers and aides are free. Students at Title I schools $5.00.
- Questions or need more info? Please visit call:
Stu Hirayama at 808-839-9885 ext. 701 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org