The Royal School
By Moses Goods and Lee Cataluna
A world premiere musical set in the short lived school for children of Hawaiian royalty. The play, which takes place in the 1840s, combines contemporary music with one of the most important historical moments in the kingdom of Hawai‘i.
Features: traditional folktales, live music, songs and dance.
PUBLIC PERFORMANCE DATES
• Opens Friday, September 8 @ 7:00pm
• September 16 and October 7 @ 4:00pm
• October 1 @ 2:00pm – Sensory Friendly / ASL Performance
GRADES 3 – HIGH SCHOOL
September 1 – October 6, 2023
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday at 9:30 and 11:00am
- Wednesday at 9:00 and 10:30am
RESERVE YOUR SHOW TODAY!
OTHER OTHER OTHER?
NEED MORE EDUCATIONAL PERFORMANCE INFORMATION?
Contact Stu Hirayama at 808-839-9885 ext. 701 or email at email@example.com
Directed by Annie Cusick Wood
Devised by Annie Cusick Wood, Karen Kiefer, Serina Dunham, Hermegildo Tesoro, Jr., Jarren Amian
Performed by Jarren Amian, Serina Dunham, Hermenigildo Tesoro, Jr.
Set, Costumes, Prop Design by Karen Kiefer
Music by Daniel Krass
Lighting Design by Chesley Cannon
Additional Costume Construction by Iris Kim and Emily Wright
- Hawaii State Department of Health, Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Division
- Zilber Family Foundation
- Paul and Susan King
SUPPORT THIS WORK
If you would like to support this work or other HTY Projects please contact HTY’s Managing Director, Becky Dunning at firstname.lastname@example.org.